Massage has been used for centuries to improve overall health, reduce stress, and relieve muscle tension. What better time to get a massage than before and after your baby is born?
Massage can relieve the discomfort of:
* Lower back pain
* Leg cramps
Massage is good for your body:
* Helps alleviate strain on the joints
* Increases blood flow to mother and baby
* Assists in maintaining a good posture, which has been linked to optimal fetal positioning for birth
* Stabalizes hormones and emotions, helping decrease depression
* Sends a rush of endorphins to mother and baby
As SEM Community Doulas' licensed massage therapist, Jahmanna has dedicated her entire 11-year career to working with prenatal and postpartum women. You may schedule a prenatal or postpartum massage with her at her studio in Ypsilanti or in the comfort of your own home. And remember that many of SEM Community Doulas' birth packages include a massage too!
You can schedule your prenatal massage with Jahmanna HERE.
Please fill out and bring this Prenatal Massage Intake Form with you to your first massage.